Thursday, June 4, 2009

Healing...

For Bible this week I've been learning about Jesus miraculously healing people with leprosy, paralysis, and other diseases. One of the activities I'm to do is write about a healing I recieved from God. I thought, "why not just blog about it?" So that's what I'm doing!

From what I can remember, I was plagued with awful headaches from January 2008 till the fall of 2008. Plus I was getting sick with colds every two weeks. No joke. I remember thinking, "ok two weeks ago I had a cold, so now this is the week I get another one." And it usually happened! It was no fun at all. Especially in the summer. I hate getting sick in the summer! And I could never ever breathe. My nose was always stuffed up. Anyway... I tried so many different remedies to try to cure both of them. Sinus meds, allergy pills, ibuprofen(of course), herbal teas... My parents finally decided to take me to a chiropracter in October to see if there was anything wrong with my spinal cord or neck. And there was. Both were a little out of place. So for the month of October I went to the chiropracter twice a week, stopped lifting weights, took the month of from gymnastics, and started drinking a lot of water. After running out of money and since the chiropracter said it was probably enough, I stopped the visits and resumed my activities. But I continued to drink 64 ounces of water a day, which I still TRY to do to this day! So I thought I was all better..... Then the first week back to gymnastics, I'm pretty sure I undid all the work that was done in my back. After that my headaches came back and my back started hurting a lot. I was really upset with this for a while. I started using a vaporizer at night to clear my sinuses and I still took all the meds and drank water. Somewhere between December and February my headaches ceased. And I could breathe. Then my vaporizer broke and I had to live without it for a couple of weeks, which made the headaches and stuffiness come back again! But I now have a new vaporizer, sinus meds and allergy pills, usually 64 ounces of water in my system, and 8 ounces of water up my nose every night. So I could say that all this made my headaches go away, but I'm not going to. I give all the credit to God. He gave me (my parents I should say) the money to buy the stuff I need, my sister(Charity) who gave me the idea of the NetiPot( nostril-water-stuff), and all that...

It's weird though cuz He healed me from this stuff and at the time I didn't even realize that he had. Now I look back and see all the pain I went through and then I thank him for it, but it's just weird how I could be healed and not even notice. I don't know how to really explain it. It just makes me feel kind of bad. Like I ask him to heal me, he does, and I don't even notice it....? Maybe you'll understand. Maybe it's cuz I don't feel it right now so I don't even think about it.. hmmmm.. something to ponder.

Well if you've reached this point, thanks for reading about headaches and remedies and forgetfullness... I hope I didn't bore you. Have a nice whatever you're having!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for healing! Even if you didn't notice God's healing at first, you do now and that's all that matters: He is glorified. So don't get down on yourself :D
    Sometime you should ask me about a healing story...I have a pretty funny one! I love you ABI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! Ok I'll ask you when I come to colorado when you are in labor ok? just kidding...I love you too!

    ReplyDelete