Monday, May 4, 2009

My sad, but awesome weekend

This weekend I went to Acquire the Fire in Denver with 17 kids from my youth group. I never imagined that many kids going! It was awesome; all of us grew closer to eachother, which is really a work of God because so many of us are really shy people. And I could tell that a couple of lives were changed as well....
The sad part is that on Saturday, my goat had her babies, but they died. No one was home at the time, so they either suffocated because the mom couldn't get the sack off them or they got chilled and died. I was hoping they were born dead, so they wouldn't have suffered at all, but I'm guessing that's not the case. And that just makes me feel terribly guilty. And sad. It's been kinda hard since I found out... see we got her bred last spring and she was due in July during a week long conference that I wanted to go to, but skipped just in case she delivered then. Unfortunately she wasn't pregnant at all, which was a big disappointment. Then we got her bred again in October, and finally knew that she really was pregnant in like January. So I was getting really excited cuz it was the real thing this time. This time she was due on the 30th, but she didn't have them. So I thought she would have them that weekend while I was gone to surprise me.. and she did. Ugh... my dad told me over the phone in the van, which wasn't a good time cuz I was with tons of people and I was really sad.... All that I've pictured in my head today were the white and brown teeny little goats laying dead in the shed. Trinny, the mom, has been looking for them all day, but can't find them. It's so sad!! This probably sounds like a lot of wimpy stuff huh? I guess I've never experienced death in my life except once... Hopefully we'll get her bred this fall so she can have them next spring. So there's my sad story....

5 comments:

  1. oh Abi. it's not wimpy stuff. don't even think that. you have a compassionate heart, and you love your goat. I'm really sorry it happened; I was very sad (for your sake) to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susanna... That helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. de nada!

    yeah, David's shoes weren't the greatest. but they didn't seem to bother him in the least, and he didn't even get any blisters or anything. crazy kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abi, I'm so sorry. That's got to be hard to deal with. But I hope you can still be grateful for the time you had with the other youth. I'm glad Acquire the Fire went really well for all of you.

    ReplyDelete