Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Weekend in Colorado and more...

Last weekend I traveled with Susanna to Lake City, Colorado for the fourth of July to visit Charity, Jordan, and baby Adelaide. It was mucho fun! We walked around town, bought turkey legs, ice cream, coffee and soda, we saw beautiful fireworks, a parade(my favorite was Jordan on the youth float singing Family Force 5), and beautiful Colorado scenery..... It was a very enjoyable weekend and I already miss them. Adelaide is a beautiful baby. I love her red hair, the little noises she makes, and how she falls asleep anywhere. Now I have to wait two more months to see them again, and then who knows after that. But I'll make it don't you worry.

A couple weeks before, I spent with Sarah, Luke, Shalom, and Naomi. They came here for Jeremy's graduation. It was tons of fun. I love those little babies so much! And miss them a ton. I cannot wait for our family reunion in September. That'll be amazing.
Last week Josiah came down from Canada and spent a week with us. That was purty fun, although he beats up on me too much.
Sometimes I wish that all my family would live in Utah, but then I realize that where they all are now is where God has placed them. That makes it better usually. It's really hard though, cuz all the babies that are being born, I'm missing a lot of their lives... and I miss my older siblings who live far away too. I miss being able to talk to them in person instead of on the phone or through the computer... But this is part of God's plan, so I just need to remember that.
Tomorrow I leave for Mexico. My mom and I are going down early to do all the food shopping. We did that last year and it was a blast for both of us. So I'm excited to do it again. Hopefully I can memorize 14 or more verses in 18 hours so that I won't have to memorize down in Mexico.... Did I mention I'm doing a bible bee? I can't remember if I did. Oh well, I did now! Anyway, I'm super duper excited for the whole trip!! Except for the heat that is. It's bad enough here, but it's gotta be way worse down there. Hurray for the rainy season though. I'll probably blog about that when I get back, so until then, have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I think the hardest part about people moving is not being able to see the kids grow up. But look at it this way: with your family spreading, that means you have contacts and places to stay wherever you want to travel! Now you just need to send someone to Europe. :-)= Definitely blog about Mexico. I'd have loved to go.

    ReplyDelete